AGING AND LONG-TERM SUPPORT ADMINISTRATION
Mandatory Reporters are professionals identified by law who MUST make a report if they have reason to believe that the abuse, abandonment, neglect, or financial exploitation of a vulnerable adult has occurred. Mandatory reporters are:
- Employees of the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS).
- Law Enforcement.
- Social Workers.
- Professional School Personnel.
- Contracted Individual Providers caring for a DSHS client.
- Employees of a social service, welfare, mental health, home care, hospice, home health, adult day care, and adult day health agency.
- Owners or employees of nursing homes, boarding homes, or adult family homes.
- Health Care Providers subject to Title 18 RCW (such as nurses and doctors).
- Christian Science Practitioner.
Learn more about reporting abuse as a mandatory reporter.