AGING AND LONG-TERM SUPPORT ADMINISTRATION
- Complete a Survey on Family Caregiving: Your Voice Matters! The State of Washington/Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) is looking to help current and future family caregivers! We want to hear your ideas, experience and preferences on finding and using available caregiver resources. Please take a few moments to give us your feedback. Click here for the Washington State Family Caregiver Survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WAstateFamilyCaregiverSurvey We thank you for your time!
If you are helping care for a family member or friend, you are not alone! More than 800,000 Washington State citizens provide care to an adult who needs help with care. Below are a variety of ways to find some information, resources, and people that can help.
Caregiver Support is a Phone Call Away
Talk to caring people for practical caregiving information and help finding local resources/services.
Contact your local Family Caregiver Support Program.
- Talk to Knowledgeable and Caring People
The Family Caregiver Support Program is a service available to unpaid caregivers of adults who need care. Staff at local offices throughout Washington can give you practical information and advice and connect you to local resources/services that meet your needs. Services are free or low cost. Contact your local Family Caregiver Support Program.
- Find Information on the Internet
Look through and click on the topics of interest below for a variety of links to helpful information and resources.
Help Caring For a...
- Person with Alzheimer’s Disease or Other Dementia
- Mom and Dad
- Adult Who Lives Far Away (Long Distance Caregiving)
- Relative’s Child (Kinship Care)
- Person with Developmental Disabilities
Taking Care of Yourself
- The Importance of Self Care
- Caregiver Support Groups
- Managing Stress
- Respite Care
- Caregiver Training
Providing Day-To-Day Care
- Basics of Providing Care
- How A Disease Impacts Care
- Prescription Medications (help paying for, factsheets etc.)
- Working with Doctors