AGING AND LONG-TERM SUPPORT ADMINISTRATION
Resources for Long-Term Care Facilities - Emergency Planning
Personal Preparedness for Staff
Prevention/ Mitigation Information
FEMA, "Protect your Property, Home or Business from Disaster" Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Washington State Department of Health, "Emergencies"
Consumer Questions on Emergency Preparedness
- "Preparing for Disaster for People with Disabilities and Other Special Needs" FEMA and American Red Cross
- Division of Developmental Disabilities Emergency Preparedness Caregiver Alert
- American Nurses Association, GeroNurseOnline.org, "Disaster Preparedness and the Older Adult"
- Diabetic Connect, "11 Items Every Diabetic Emergency Kit Must Have"
- American Red Cross, "Disaster Preparedness for Seniors by Seniors"
Pandemic Flu Preparation and Infection Control
- Department of Health and Human Services, "Businesses Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist"
- Department of Health and Human Services, "Long-Term Care and Other Residential Facilities Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist"
- Washington State Local Health Departments/ Districts
For information about safe practices when using emergency generators, the following websites may be helpful:
- U.S. Fire Administration – Portable Generator Hazards
- Washington Military Department Emergency Management Division (EMD) – Using a Generator Safely
- Public Health Seattle King County – Carbon Monoxide Facts (Chinese, Korean, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Vietnamese)
- Puget Sound Energy - Service Alert – Safety Tips
Service Animal and Pet Emergency Preparedness
- The Humane Society of the United States Disaster Preparedness for Pets
- National Organization on Disability "Disaster Readiness Tips for Owners of Pets or Service Animals"