AGING AND LONG-TERM SUPPORT ADMINISTRATION
Training Requirements & Classes
- Home Care Aide Certification Checklist and Quick Link page available – See a certification checklist outlining the steps to getting certified and quick links to all needed info and forms.
This section is about DSHS required training for adult family homes, assisted living facilities, home care agencies and individual providers.
Summary of Training Requirements for:
- Adult Family Homes
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Developmental Disabilities Group Home Providers
- Home Care Agencies
- Individual Providers (IPs)
Home Care Aide Training, Certification & Testing
- Get an overview of the 75 hour home care aide training and certifications requirements
- See which workers are exempt from home care aide training
- Understand the steps to complete training and certification (HCA Certification Checklist).
- Get forms to apply for certification and testing
Fingerprint Background Checks
Teach Classes, Get Curricula Approved, Update Training
Forms to apply to teach for the first time, get curriculum approved, and/or update an existing training program for home care aide training, Continuing Education (CE), Nurse Delegation and Specialty classes.
- Continuing Education Providers
Information for adult family homes, assisted living facilities, and community instructors (including home care agencies) wanting to offer long term care worker continuing education (CE).
- Curriculum Developers or Conference/Seminars/Webinars
Information for businesses wanting to get their CE curriculum, conferences or seminars approved .
- Adult Family Homes or Assisted Living Facilities
Train your staff only. Forms to apply for the first time or update an existing training program.
- Community Instructor (including home care agencies)
Train as a contracted instructor. Forms to apply for the first time or update an existing training program
- Find a class for home care aide training, continuing education, nurse delegation, specialty, or AFH Administrator training.
- Find other Continuing Education (CE) options.
- BH On-line Administrator Training
- New Nursing Home Administrator Training
- Nursing Home Administrators Opportunity for Continuing Education