AGING AND LONG-TERM SUPPORT ADMINISTRATION
If you are a wartime veteran or surviving spouse (married at the time of the veteran’s death), you may be eligible for a pension, health insurance, or long-term care through the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (VA). Also, the dependent parent of a veteran killed in service or who dies of a service-connected disability may be eligible for VA Dependency and Indemnity Compensation.
- Review a concise Summary of all VA Benefits from the US Department of Veteran’s Affairs.
- Learn more about VA Pension Benefits for both the veteran or surviving spouse or child from the US Department of Veteran’s Affairs or contact the Washington State Department of Veteran’s Affairs, call 1-800-562-2308 or 360-725-2199 (TTY) or visit their website..
- Visit the National Resource Directory an online partnership maintained by the Departments of Defense, Labor and Veterans Affairs providing information on, and access to, services and resources for wounded, ill and injured service members and veterans, their families and families of the fallen, and those who support them.
- Read the Veterans Compensation and Benefits Handbook for Seriously Ill and Injured Members of Armed Forces a new comprehensive guide from the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs designed to help veterans and their family members navigate through the benefit system.
- Learn more about finding other federal or state benefits you may have.